Friday, 13 May 2016
Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Communication
The creation of technology has already has already had a great impact on the way we communicate in todays society. From having simple conversation, we rather share our opinion on twitter or Facebook. From these trends we can now visualize how from a sociable society we moved to a very anti-social lifestyle. The more technology we have, can cause us humans to be disconnected from the lifestyles of our ancestors.
What does the this mean for for the way society functions? EVEN THROUGH THIS PHOTO IT SHOWS HOW PRIVACY IS LOST!
You can see where someones exact location is.
This idea behind google glass in phenomenal, being able to see all this information at the corner of your eyes. But by the looks of this image it tells me that the privacy aspect is clearly broken in this instance. surprisingly google glass can also take images and shoot video without the subject even being aware. Along with the privacy issues it also allows students to cheat on test. think about it, you are doing a test and there is a question that you can't remember, no problem , just google it easy and simply. Overall I love the idea behind the google glass I personally want it, but from a wider perspective we can all see the flaws in this device.
Now onto the idea of communication changes that AI will cause will be they way we communicate worse than what it is now. From the 2000's and before to meet someone it was simple, just walk up to him/her and say hello. Nowadays it is apparent that comminution is an issue with our generation. Companies took advantage of this issue and created meeting/dating websites such as Zoosk, EHarmony and Tinder. There are many flaws to this way of meeting a special someone. You cant find out someones personality right off a dating website, You don't knows someone real intentions whether it is real love or lust, and lastly you can't express real life feeling of getting to know someone online.
Overall I don't like a complete takeover of technology i only approve if just enough to make our lives as humans more simple.
Labels:
#technology
Location:
Toronto, ON, Canada
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with your opinion on AI related to society. It can cause complete breaches privacy wise and I don't like the idea of it ruining natural human interaction. People meeting online can be great and all but there's still such an unnatural aspect of it. Advances in AI are so amazing that it's hard to fully absorb it in its entirety but what comes with it is a really sort of unsafe thing that makes me uneasy
ReplyDeleteAs I was in the process of reading your blog about Artificial Intelligence, I do agree with your thoughts on this topic and I see what the future embarks for artificial intelligence. I agree with you that it used to be so easy and simple to meet someone face to face, however, nowadays, it is quite hard to do so because of what technology has provided for everyone. We should all be thankful that we have technology, however, we use it for negative reasons. We all over use these artificial intelligence technologies, no matter who the person is. I found that your overall opinions on this topic were well thought out and I especially like how you stated examples based on real life situations. Good job, Liam! (-:
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog because I agree with what you have to say. We as humans are going away from actually socializing with people and just talking to them through screens. I agree with your Google Glass point as well. I find it kind of creepy to be able to see someone else's location and to determine whether or not they are home or not. Other than your grammar and spelling mistakes, your blog was done with great insight and good examples.
ReplyDelete